Job Locations US-IL-Chicago
Job ID 2021-3759
Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for a Director of Safety, Health, and Environmental at Chicago, IL.
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our retail group operates destination, standalone retail real estate globally, including over 150 malls in the United States. Our regional shopping centers create a sense of place in the heart of the communities in which we do business: offering retail, lifestyle, dining and entertainment options.
The Director, Safety will implement and oversee the company’s safety initiatives across its national platform. This individual will work closely with Construction, Tenant Coordination, and National Operations to optimize project program and maximize project financial success.
Overall, we seek qualities that display our company’s core values: Humility, Attitude, Do the Right Thing, Together and Own it.
- Act as the management focus in coordinating Safety, Health, and Environmental matters within the US, supporting Construction, Tenant Coordination, and National Operations in unifying Safety, Health, and Environmental.
- Coordinates Brookfield Properties safety initiatives with BAM Global Safety, Health, & Environmental.
- Lead safety program development and deployment.
- Provides training to staff.
- Lead opportunities for new safety enhancement initiatives.
- Direct, monitor, and control safety policy and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or directs in-house resources (legal, construction, property management, risk management).
- Participate in development projects as needed.
- Responsible for monthly safety updates.
- Leads incident investigation, case management, and internal management reporting.
- Identifies deficiencies or areas needing loss control or compliance attention and arranges for corrective measures.
- Oversee internal and external Safety, Health, and Environmental Audits.
- Will report to the VP of Construction.
- Up to 25% Travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desired.
- Broad and progressive experience, with a construction general contractor – 7+ years direct experience.
- Responsible for timely delivery of all related matters ensuring continuous alignment with corporate strategies relating to Safety, Health, and Environmental.
- Professional certification – either CSP or SMS preferred.
- Overall understanding of all safety disciplines.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior leadership experience as a regional manager/director
- Familiarity with analyzing claims data and creating actionable items from the findings
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.