The Greater Chicago Chapter will be providing job opportunities as they become available. Job notices can be placed at any time. Positions sent to the Website Coordinator will be posted to the website within two business days.
Please send the following information in order to post position descriptions:
- Website-ready text document
Space availability and ad location will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis. Preference will be given to newest positions.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Location: Chicago, IL
Our Risk Solutions (Loss Control) department is seeking a Senior Risk Solutions Consultant to join our growing team in the Milwaukee, WI or Chicago, IL areas.
This position is based from your home office. A company vehicle, laptop and iPhone are provided.
The Risk Solutions Consultant delivers high quality risk evaluations and loss analysis of prospective or existing Commercial policyholders to identify risk, exposure and controls for multiple lines of business, while reporting results for underwriting. The position is an active member of the underwriting team responsible for medium to large commercial accounts.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Conduct risk analysis of renewals and prospective account operations including risk evaluation, loss analysis, and loss control programs within multiple lines of business
- Deliver high level of consultative and technical services and service plans to the account as well as implementing loss/exposure reduction programs and services
- Take the initiative to enhance loss control / industry knowledge through participation in educational programs
- Objectively considers issues and information, identifies alternatives, decides and implements solution approaches in order to deliver services and provide value
- Ability to travel the territory as required
- Knowledge of negotiating techniques, subject matter, and strategy to obtain commitment, compromise or settlement in a way that promotes mutual goals or interests
- Provide assistance to the policyholder in the form of detailed action plans, program recommendations, technical training and consultative services
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of field loss control or increasing levels of responsibility in related operations.
- B.S. degree preferred in a related field to include health and safety, science, engineering or equivalent.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
Job Locations US-IL-Chicago
Job ID 2021-3759
Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for a Director of Safety, Health, and Environmental at Chicago, IL.
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our retail group operates destination, standalone retail real estate globally, including over 150 malls in the United States. Our regional shopping centers create a sense of place in the heart of the communities in which we do business: offering retail, lifestyle, dining and entertainment options.
The Director, Safety will implement and oversee the company’s safety initiatives across its national platform. This individual will work closely with Construction, Tenant Coordination, and National Operations to optimize project program and maximize project financial success.
Overall, we seek qualities that display our company’s core values: Humility, Attitude, Do the Right Thing, Together and Own it.
- Act as the management focus in coordinating Safety, Health, and Environmental matters within the US, supporting Construction, Tenant Coordination, and National Operations in unifying Safety, Health, and Environmental.
- Coordinates Brookfield Properties safety initiatives with BAM Global Safety, Health, & Environmental.
- Lead safety program development and deployment.
- Provides training to staff.
- Lead opportunities for new safety enhancement initiatives.
- Direct, monitor, and control safety policy and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or directs in-house resources (legal, construction, property management, risk management).
- Participate in development projects as needed.
- Responsible for monthly safety updates.
- Leads incident investigation, case management, and internal management reporting.
- Identifies deficiencies or areas needing loss control or compliance attention and arranges for corrective measures.
- Oversee internal and external Safety, Health, and Environmental Audits.
- Will report to the VP of Construction.
- Up to 25% Travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desired.
- Broad and progressive experience, with a construction general contractor – 7+ years direct experience.
- Responsible for timely delivery of all related matters ensuring continuous alignment with corporate strategies relating to Safety, Health, and Environmental.
- Professional certification – either CSP or SMS preferred.
- Overall understanding of all safety disciplines.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior leadership experience as a regional manager/director
- Familiarity with analyzing claims data and creating actionable items from the findings
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Function as a member of the laboratory safety team and specifically as the lead safety person for the APS (Advanced Photon Source) Upgrade project within the Photon Sciences Directorate. As the lead, act as a two-way conduit of information: communicate laboratory health, safety and environmental requirements and programs to the APS Upgrade team; identify needs and provide solutions to creating and maintaining a safe work environment; and create and update local policies and procedures tailored for the successful completion of the project and leading to safe operation of the facility. Provide support to line management, researchers and workers through effective implementation of solutions, leading/participating in work planning activities, and serving as a local safety professional resource.Read More